The earliest known Jewish prayer book was written in the late 10th or early 11th century. This book, called the “Siddur,” was a compilation of prayers and blessings that were said during various Jewish holidays and lifecycle events.
Other related questions:
Who wrote The Jewish prayers?
There is no one author of all Jewish prayers, as there are many different prayers composed by many different people over the centuries.
How old is the Shema?
The Shema is a Jewish prayer that is over 2000 years old.
When were the first written texts of Judaism created?
The first written texts of Judaism were created around the 6th century BCE.
What is the name of the Jewish daily prayer book?
The Jewish daily prayer book is called a siddur.
- Prayer book (siddur), Italian rite | The British Library
- Siddur – Wikipedia
- Jewish prayer – Wikipedia
- History of the Siddur – BJE
- The Prayer Book – The Siddur – Chabad.org
- PRAYER-BOOKS – JewishEncyclopedia.com
- Siddur: Jewish Prayer Book