There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the score you need to get on the TOEFL reading section depends on the university or program you are applying to. However, we can give you some general advice.
For most programs, a score of 26 or above on the reading section is considered a good score. This means that you need to answer at least 80% of the questions correctly.
If you are applying to a top university or program, you may need to score higher than this. For example, if you are applying to a program that requires a score of 90 or above on the TOEFL reading section, you will need to answer at least 95% of the questions correctly.
To increase your chances of getting a good score on the TOEFL reading section, we recommend that you:
– Read a variety of English texts on different topics, such as news articles, academic papers, and fiction books. This will help you get familiar with the types of texts that are typically used on the TOEFL reading section.
– Practice answering questions under timed conditions. This will help you learn how to manage your time effectively and avoid running out of time on the actual test.
– Make sure you understand the vocabulary and grammar that are used in the TOEFL reading passages. If you are not familiar with a certain word or grammar point, look it up in a dictionary or grammar book.
– Familiarize yourself with the different question types that are used on the TOEFL reading section. For example, there are questions that ask you to identify the main idea of a passage, questions that ask you to find supporting evidence for a claim, and questions that ask you to make inferences based on the information in the passage.
– Practice skimming and scanning the TOEFL reading passages. Skimming means quickly reading through a passage to get the general idea, while scanning means looking for specific information in a passage. These skills will come in handy when you need to find specific information quickly on the test.
Other related questions:
IS 27 in Reading a good TOEFL score?
There is no definitive answer to this question as different schools have different requirements for TOEFL scores. That being said, a score of 27 out of 30 on the Reading section of the TOEFL is considered a very good score.
What is a good TOEFL score for Reading?
There is no “good” TOEFL score, as this will vary depending on your specific goals and the requirements of the program or school you are applying to. However, a score of 26 or higher on the Reading section is generally considered to be a good score.
Is 16 a good score in TOEFL Reading?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the score needed for a “good” performance on the TOEFL Reading section depends on the individual test-taker’s goals and objectives. However, a score of 16 is generally considered to be a good score on this section of the TOEFL.
How are TOEFL Reading scores calculated?
The TOEFL Reading score is calculated based on the number of correct answers on the Reading section of the TOEFL test.
- TOEFL Score Calculator: How to Estimate TOEFL iBT Scores
- TOEFL Reading and Listening Raw to Scaled Scores …
- Understanding Your TOEFL iBT Scores – ETS
- How to Predict Your TOEFL Score: Reading – Magoosh Blog