Dickens’s A Christmas Carol is one of the most popular and beloved holiday stories of all time. Originally published in 1843, the book has been in print continuously since then, with new editions and translations appearing every year. As of 2016, there are more than 500 different editions of the book in print, in over 50 languages. It is estimated that more than six million copies of the book have been sold worldwide.
Other related questions:
How many copies of A Christmas Carol were printed?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different sources report different printing numbers for the first edition of A Christmas Carol. However, it is generally agreed that between 6,000 and 8,000 copies were printed.
How many editions of A Christmas Carol are there?
There are many editions of A Christmas Carol, but we do not have an exact number.
Has A Christmas Carol ever been out of print?
No, A Christmas Carol has not been out of print.
How many copies of A Christmas Carol were originally published?
The first edition of A Christmas Carol was published on December 19, 1843, and consisted of 6,000 copies.
- Collecting A Christmas Carol by Dickens, Charles – Biblio
- A Christmas Carol (Large Print) Paperback – Amazon UK
- First edition of A Christmas Carol | The British Library
- A Christmas Carol – Wikipedia
- 9781502786883: A Christmas Carol: Large Print – Dickens …
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: Books, Art, Prints …
- A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens Museum Edition