When you drink a soda, the carbon dioxide in the soda interacts with the water in your mouth to create carbonic acid. This carbonic acid then dissolves the enamel on your teeth, which can lead to tooth decay.
Other related questions:
How is carbon dioxide used in soft drinks?
Carbon dioxide is used as a preservative in soft drinks. It also gives the drinks their fizziness.
Do we use carbon dioxide in sodas?
Yes, carbon dioxide is used in sodas.
What does carbon dioxide in soda do to the body?
Carbon dioxide in soda can cause bloating and gas in some people. It can also contribute to weight gain.
- Fizzy drinks – OpenLearn – The Open University
- Equilibria involving carbon dioxide in aqueous solution
- What’s carbon dioxide got to do with it? | News – RSC Education
- Does the carbon dioxide released from fizzy drinks affect the …
- Effect of Carbon Dioxide in Carbonated Drinks on …
- Carbon Dioxide Can Make a Solution Acidic | Chapter 6
- Quick Questions