It’s no secret that students today are reading less than they used to. In fact, according to the National Endowment for the Arts, the percentage of adults who read literature has declined significantly over the past 20 years. While there are many factors that contribute to this decline, one of the most important is the way students are taught to read.
Most students are taught to read using what’s known as the “sight method.” This means that they are taught to recognize words by their shape, rather than by their sound. As a result, they often struggle to read words that are not familiar to them, or that are spelled differently than they sound. This can make reading slow and difficult, and can lead to students giving up on reading altogether.
The good news is that there is a better way to teach reading. The “sound method” of reading instruction teaches students to recognize words by their sound, rather than by their shape. This makes reading much easier and faster, and can help students build their vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
If you’re a teacher, you can help your students improve their reading speed and comprehension by using the sound method in your classroom. And if you’re a parent, you can help your child at home by reading aloud to them using this method. Either way, you’ll be giving your students a valuable gift that will last them a lifetime.
Other related questions:
What is the third variable problem quizlet?
The third variable problem is a statistical issue that arises when two variables are correlated, but there is a third variable that is causing the correlation. This problem can lead to inaccurate conclusions being drawn about the relationships between the two variables.
Which of the following is the first step in the scientific method psychology?
The first step in the scientific method is to ask a question.
Which of the following is an advantage of using a double blind experiment?
There are several advantages to using a double blind experiment, including:
1. Reduced bias – Since neither the participants nor the researchers know who is in the experimental or control group, there is reduced potential for bias.
2. Increased validity – Since the groups are more evenly matched, results from a double blind experiment are generally more accurate and considered more valid than those from a single blind or no-blind experiment.
3. Enhanced credibility – Double blind experiments are often seen as more credible than other types of experiments, since they are less likely to be influenced by researcher or participant bias.
Which group does not get the experimental treatment?
The control group does not get the experimental treatment.
- Psychology test 2 Flashcards – Quizlet
- Psychology Test Flashcards | Quizlet
- Dr Kingston a psychologist is examining how a students …